jaw (plural jaws)
- One of the bones, usually bearing teeth, which form the framework of the mouth.
- The bone itself with the teeth and covering.
- (figurative) Anything resembling the jaw of an animal in form or action; especially plural, the mouth or way of entrance; as, the jaws of a pass; the jaws of darkness; the jaws of death.
- A notch or opening.
- A notched or forked part, adapted for holding an object in place; as, the jaw of a railway-car pedestal. See Axle guard.
- One of a pair of opposing parts which are movable towards or from each other, for grasping or crushing anything between them, as, the jaws of a vise, or the jaws of a stone-crushing machine.
- The inner end of a boom or gaff, hollowed in a half circle so as to move freely on a mast.
- Impudent or abusive talk.
- (slang) Axle guard.
3 letters in word "jaw": A J W.
No anagrams for jaw found in this word list.
Words found within jaw: